Yours In The Struggle

ramblings and other thoughts from Paul Kawata (pkawata@nmac.org)

Sunday, May 9


This is Evelyn’s last week at the Miami health department. I know that so many of her colleagues and friends will miss her. Saying goodbye can be difficult, even when the person is moving on to a new opportunity. I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of thank yous. Evelyn, your leadership and vision on behalf of the Miami Health Department, people of color, people living with HIV/AIDS and all the community based organizations will be missed.

I know your next challenge is a big one, but before you move on, I hope you will pause and remember all that you accomplished here. Sometimes we are in such a rush that we forget to take in the moment. Evelyn, before you move on, please stop and remember all the lives you touched, all the people you helped and all the good work you accomplished. You made a different in an epidemic. Not many of us can say that we made a difference, I hope you know you were one of those special people who fought an epidemic when most of the world turned their back on us. Thank you....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home